Why become an Industry Influencer?
Did you know that by 2020, 50% of the workforce will be self-employed?
The way to build security in your job or business is to position yourself as the industry expert in your field. The job for life is a rarity today. Since the global financial crisis in 2006, organisations have become leaner and more agile in their attempts to grow. They have let go of passengers. Industry experts and influencers have risen to the top by setting themselves up as consultants who are ready to undertake projects for organisations that now want to engage short-term and flexible resources.
Since 2006, we have seen the rise of the expert. Consultants who have gone out on their own have been forced to sell themselves more aggressively. Even 60% of start-ups are created by “mumpreneurs”, who have left the traditional workforce due to a lack of flexibility, earnings and work-life balance.
The rise of the industry expert has come about for two reasons. One is that people are positioning themselves to compete in a market with more consultants than previously seen. The second reason is that experts are creating an edge in their subject matter so they have greater job security, choice and more control over their careers.
Becoming a leader in your field has many benefits that will help you grow your practice, business and career:
- You build greater trust in your day-to-day work, therefore you have greater influence with your clients and stakeholders.
- You gain more recognition, therefore you are more heard by those you are trying to engage or influence.
- You increase your choice of the type of clients you want to work with or projects you want to work on.
- People seek you out for the mentoring, speaking or training opportunities you want to be known for. This means you spend less time trying to connect with those who don’t understand you, and you don’t have to sell yourself aggressively.
- You sell less and advise more. Most people are already sold, as you have the work to show for it. Trust is built, so you get to focus on the solution faster rather than trying to differentiate yourself, therefore competing on price.
So, if you want to be an Industry Influencer, you have two options:
- BEFORE YOU LEAVE YOUR JOB OR WANT TO STAY IN YOUR JOB: Dip your toes into the Industry Influencer world with one of my workshops to see if you’d like to get started while you’re still in a job.
- BECOME A SPEAKER, COACH OR TRAINER: Get a serious strategy and implementation plan in place to position yourself as an expert in your industry.
- High-Impact Presentation Skills Masterclass in Brisbane
- LinkedIn for Lead Generation in Brisbane and Sydney
- Social Media for Influencers in Brisbane
- Lead Generation for Experts in Brisbane and Melbourne
- 6-Month Industry Influencer Mentoring Program
- Half-Day Mentoring and Lead Generation Strategy Session
*Book your spot now. Places limited.
**You may be eligible for grants in some states. Queensland has the Small Business Digital Grant with up to $10,000 available, starting in March 2017. I recommend you speak to your local Small Business Ministers’ Office.
Jane Anderson works with Thought Leaders, Trusted Advisors, Experts and CEO’s to increase their lead generation and grow their businesses.
Her blog has been awarded in the top 25 branding blogs globally, is one of 12 LinkedIn Influencer Small Business Advocates in Australia, is the host of the Jane Anderson Brand You Show.
She is the author of 4 books including “INFLUENCER: The 12 Secrets to Explode Your List, Skyrocket Your Leads and Super-Charge Your Visibility,” due for release in the first quarter of 2017.
To have Jane speak at your next event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org