- Do you find translation for you, your staff or colleagues challenging?
- Finding it hard to acquire funding and grants?
- Does it feel like hard to work trying to connect with Industry?
- Wonder if your work has translational relevance?
- Sick of the lottery that is ARC and NHRMC discovery and project grants?
ARC Grant success rates are now approaching 20%. NHMRC success rates are even lower, and getting close to 10%. Conversely ARC Linkage grant and NHRMC Project Grant success rates are closer to 40% (and rising).
In our experience the biggest barrier to a successful Linkage or Partnership grant is not a good project – its good partners. A major barrier to getting good partners is fear – fear of having ideas on display that others might take apart. Fear that the work does not have industry relevance. Being fearful is no longer an option. Research cannot be sustained with lotto like chances of funding. Research can and should involve accessing industry partners who are looking for you.
Due to the intensive nature of this program, it is limited to 12 participants.
This is a tailored program designed to for:
LinkedIn is a powerful tool for researchers to access industry opportunities as these decision-makers are not necessarily on Researchgate. With over 420 million professionals on LinkedIn and growing each day, it’s hard to ignore. In this workshop, Dr Richard Huysmans and Jane Anderson will show you how to use LinkedIn to:
- Explore the key tools to connect with Industry and create collaborations and other opportunities
- Uncover the 3 secrets that create opportunities for Researchers
- Identify how to speak the language that Industry speak on LinkedIn
- Ensure your research team has a consistent message and brand for external-facing collaboration opportunities
- Complement face-to-face and telephone collaboration activities
- Showcase your knowledge to become a trusted advisor in industry
- Increase traction in meetings making decisions happen quicker
- 30 mins follow up 1-1 coaching session over the phone or Skype to review your effectiveness and results from the training program (valued at $500).
- Access to the online LinkedIn for Lead Generation Online Program with over 7 hours of content and scripts to use in your profile to maximise your leads (valued at $500).
- Full colour workshop workbook with extra tips and tricks guide to managing LinkedIn with 45 tips to create and maintain professional “Brand You” online and face to face (valued at $50).
- Morning Espresso Shot emails for 21 days: Participants will receive a very brief morning email with tips to manage their personal leadership brand. These tips will only go for 21 days and are designed to help embed the learning from the workshop considering we have the participants for a short period (valued at $250).
- A copy of Jane’s book ‘CONNECT: Leverage Your LinkedIn Profile for Business Growth and Lead Generation” (valued at $30).
What some have said…
“The ‘LinkedIn MasterClass on Research Translation’ facilitated by Jane Anderson and Dr Richard Huysmans from RAVEN was superb. Highly recommend this to all Australian researchers looking to reach out to the world. Great job Jane and Richard.”
Professor Matthew Perugini, La Trobe University
“LinkedIn has meant we now have higher quality content, less sharing of others and more of our original work. We’re getting more comments and more replies to our enquiries. We also have more gravatias by having our LinkedIn profiles professionally written. The first impressions are now on LinkedIn. We’re finding the middle ground easier and it’s helping to set clearer expectations.”
Amee Morgans, RDNS