“I think your talk on social media profiling and damaging one’s own reputation should be standard issue for any new graduate at University!”
David Redhill, Partner and Chief Marketing Officer, Deloitte
Did you know:
- The average employee is friends with over 14 people from their workplace?
- Your organisations brand an reputation are on the line as a result of your team member’s online footprint and personal brand?
Online reputation and personal brand management is the new challenge for Gen Y managers. Not done well staff end up in difficult circumstances of being tagged in photos, having damaging information written online about them and reducing performance. Whilst many organisations have a policy in place of what not to do with social media, this program is taking the participant into being able to manage their brand and reputation so that the policy is easier to manage at an organisational level. So instead of telling them what not to do, let’s show them what a great job looks like and how they can support their career rather than damage it along with the organisations reputation.
During this course participants will:
- Identify their career vision and purpose.
- Create their own personal branding and explore how they want to be perceived in the organisation.
- Explore alternative self-management techniques to reduce venting online.
- Understand the Industrial Relations implications when not managing personal brand and online footprint well.
This course can also be tailored to graduate, middle and senior management staff across all industries. One-on-coaching programs are also available.
Your facilitator: Jane Anderson is and Gen Y and one of Australia’s leading Career Management Experts. She has been featured on Today Tonight, Marie Claire, Management Today, Technology Decisions and Nett Business Magazine. She has trained, spoken to and coached over 11,000 people on branding and reputation management.